I’ve recently been nominated for some blogging awards and I’ve been putting off doing a post about it because I simply couldn’t deprive the blogosphere of my last few entries. I needed to share them with the world and I couldn’t take a break, I couldn’t stop myself. And also because I really don’t like talking about myself unless it has something to do with Cadbury eggs or socks. But now, finally, I will take a moment to officially thank the three bloggers who have recently nominated me.
The gentleman from Pouring My Art Out, a funny, inarguably versatile blogger himself, nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award a little more than a week ago. He’s been on a wild kick lately, photoshopping Dick Cheney’s handsome mug on other famous-peoples’ heads, and you will not be able to see the seams so don’t bother looking. It’s like he stole the same technology they used when they made Forrest Gump meet John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson all those other people! Funny stuff.
Becca from 25tofly, a blogger with a serious urge to explore the world outside of Louisiana and to experience life beyond basic cable, was generous enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. As thanks to her, she can have some microwaved bacon on the house (her house).
And last but not least, there’s Chris from Random Deviations, who was nice enough to nominate me for both of these awards all over again: a second Versatile Blogger Award, and a second Liebster Blog Award (where exactly am I going to put all these things?). She had a nice piece about Mr. Ridiculously Photogenic Guy, and we mutually decided that I can be Mr. Ridiculously Ridiculous Guy. I had had an urge to jump on board the short-lived “Ridiculous” craze.
Now the teleprompter tells me I have to mention the “rules.”
Versatile Blogger Award :
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers (or as many as you deem worthy)
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
- Add the “Versatile Blogger Award” pic to your blog post.
Liebster Blog Award :
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Let the nominees know about said nomination
- Lastly, add the “Liebster Blog Award” image to your post.
Okay. Firstly, let the “image-adding” commence!
So, for those of you who don’t have a calculator handy I’ll save you the trouble. I am now responsible for nominating a combined total of 324 bloggers for 8,002 different types of awards. If my calculator is right.
How about I knock off those last two digits and just nominate 3 people? And I’m not even talking 3 people for each of the four awards I’ve received. I’m talking 3 people total, for whichever award I see fit to give them.
As you can see, the power of getting four awards at approximately the same time has gone to my head.
But before I announce the three chosen ones, I will be a champ and reveal 7 “things” about myself.
7 “Things” About Myself
- As a boy I wanted to be a pterodactyl when I grew up.
- As a man I am seriously considering a career change to pterodactyl.
- I am from New Jersey.
- I am left-handed.
- I am revealing 7 things about myself.
- I am an “award-winning” blogger.
- I know the best place to get pizza if you’re passing through Pasadena, California.
Now, onto my own nominations:
I nominate the following bloggers because they’ve made me laugh at some point in the very recent past, and really, that’s enough of a reason for a power-happy four-time award winner.
I suggest you check these blogs out.
Very Serious Barista — Versatile Blogger Award
The Ugly Moose — Leibster Blog Award
The Life and Times of Nathan Badley — Versatile Blogger Award
Okay. I think I’m done.